woensdag 27 september 2006

The Empire 12


Democracy Now bericht:

'Army reservist Sergeant Marshall Thompson spent a year in Iraq working as a military journalist. He reported from across Iraq, interviewing thousands of US soldiers. Now back home in his native Utah, he is planning a 500-mile walk across the state to protest the war and call for a withdrawal of US troops. [includes rush transcript]
His goal is to walk from the Utah/Idaho border to the Utah/Arizona border in 26 days, that’s one day for every 100 soldiers who have died in Iraq. He’ll have to average about 20 miles a day.
I spoke with Sergeant Marshall Thompson on Monday in Salt Lake City in his first national broadcast interview. He began by talking about why he was planning the walk.
SGT. MARSHALL THOMPSON: Well, I got back from Iraq about two months ago, and I knew I’d have to do something to make things right. And so I decided, my wife and I, that it would be a good idea to do a walk through Utah. Utah is my home state, and I love it. It's also the reddest state in the nation. It's kind of a symbol of the last bastion of support for the war. So I thought that if I could walk through Utah in a peaceful manner and show that there's support in Utah for peace, then that just might be what turns the tide.'

Lees verder: http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/27/146243

Geen opmerkingen:

Kicking Cats in the Holy Land

  Plaatsen Nieuwe posts bekijken Gesprek Sulaiman Ahmed @ShaykhSulaiman ZIONIST CHILDREN KICKING CATS 0:02 / 0:05 8:29 p.m. · 19 apr. 2024 ·...